Job Title: Catering Manager – Planning and organisation of food and beverage services.
Reporting to: Emma Jenkins
Hours of work: 36 hours a week 9.30-4.30 – Monday – Friday
Salary: £26, 000 per annum.
EJ Catering’s office is a bustling place near the heart of the company’s catering operations. We are currently looking for someone to join our award-winning business as a Catering Manager. For this position we are looking for someone who thrives on procedure, has good organisational skills and enjoys a challenge.
Established in 2002, we are a small fast-moving business, which consists of 7 in-house staff, all within key roles. As a member of the EJ team you will receive on the job training. We also believe in continuous training and development to ensure we maintain our reputation in delivering excellent customer service.
Summary of Role:
To ensure the smooth daily running of EJ Catering’s operations as well as monitoring the quality of the service delivered.
As the first point of contact with the client you need to be friendly, warm, professional, efficient and flexible.
Like any job in a busy small company your role is key and makes a difference. The Catering Manager will be expected to undertake a variety of activities which will require the ability to use initiative, respond quickly, communicate clearly, prioritise time and thrive on tight organisation.
- You will be responsible for building relationships with clients, in-house and external staff, and suppliers.
- You will be required to secure new business and maintain relationships with repeat customers.
- You will be responsible for overseeing jobs through from beginning to end, and be involved in all aspects of planning, itinerary, staffing, logistics and communications. This will involve organising multiple events on single days, dealing with a variety of venues, weddings, private house parties and corporate events or simple collections.
- Manage and maintain food and hygiene paperwork.
- You will be involved in the planning meetings including the establishment of future financial targets.
Above all you need to enjoy a challenge, be able to lead and become a key member of the EJ team.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To be the first port of call within the office.
Answer daily phone calls and emails, process client information and log/ act accordingly.
- To enter information into the Catersoft.
This is an easy to use web-based booking control system where all event information is entered, quotes are generated, and events/meetings are diarised. Catersoft training will be provided and a help line is also easily accessible.
- To attend weekly team meeting with the chefs:
As Catering Manager, you will lead the team meeting with the chefs. It is an important opportunity to double check details for every event. Attention to detail is crucial.
- Hire and ordering of supplies.
Although the kitchen covers all the food ordering, the office will order, Ice/ wines and other beverages, coffee, flowers, napkins and event specific items. This information is taken and updated directly from Catersoft and may involve some creative research and experience within the industry.
- Be the direct contact between client/ event manager throughout the preparation for the event. This will include attending the final meeting before the event.
- Managing a simple budget:
Working from templated excel sheets, you will have to budget in order to quote customers quickly and directly.
- Social Media:
We use an external social media company; however, you will be required to attend their monthly meetings, and supply them with actual information of events, client feedback, kitchen quirks, staff birthdays and anything else fun.
Marketing targets will also be set through these meetings, and cooperation and support between the PR agency and the office is important so that the business stays focussed and continues to achieve targets.
- Previous work experience within an office managers position.
- Previous experience within the catering environment would be beneficial
- Strong commercial acumen required
- Computer literate and proficient with MS Office products a must.
- Proactive, self-motivated and positive work attitude required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines a must.
- Someone who pays meticulous attention to detail