- Nathan’s cooking creamy Dauphinois potatoes for 180 guests this Saturday.
- Clare and I are awaiting the offcuts for our lunch – which is now late!
- Bethan is making Fois Gras truffles and rolling them in our home made Porchini mushroom powder
- Andrew is still making pasties on a stick – he seems to have been doing it all week!
Kids at ej catering
I have always felt it important to feed kids well at family events. Children should eat at the table. Maybe not Welsh black fillet or home smoked duck breast but a good quality Shepherd’s pie prepared with as much attention by the Chef.
This little boy agrees!
Jubilee & Picnics
You may not feel like planning a picnic in this rain, but if we all think about it together, maybe we will bring the sun!
Picnic Hamper Ideas
- A selection of delicate high tea sandwiches
- Cucumber and Halen Mon rock salt
- Poached Welsh salmon with horseradish and chives
- Woodland raised ham with a Dijon mustard glaze and cream
- Beef brisket open pie-lets
- Salt cod scotch egg with roasted aioli dressing
- Local Asparagus with wee kilner jars of Bearnaise sauce
- Home made Gloucestershire old spot pies
- Black mountain hot smoked mackerel pate on granary toast
- Turkey and tarragon quail scotch eggs
- Wild mushroom veloute pasties on a stick
- Fillet of Welsh beef on brioche with wild rocket
- Pembroke prawns with lemon, dill cream in savoury choux
Add a pudding
- Queen’s jam tarts
- Scones, vanilla cream and homemade berry jam
- Fresh strawberries and homemade marshmallows
- Individual Victoria sponges with homemade lemon curd and cream
ej catering, Unit P5 Capital Business Park CF3 2PU, 02920 331723